News From the Woods
- Register now for Fall OWLE. We have a few openings left in our Saturday camp in Edmonds and 6 openings left in our Friday camp in Woodinville. Don't miss out. Enroll now!
- Thanks to our instructors, Ted and Manon, our Ancestral Skills Program for teenagers is presently FULL. Go to the calendar to see ASP outings.
- Pathfinders Program for 5 to 7 yr olds will once again start up in late September (2016). Watch this website for more details soon!
- We want to welcome Martine Twito and Sam Royce to our growing staff. Martine will be assisting us administratively in our busy office and Sam will be teaching at our Friday and Saturday OWLE camps as well as the Thursday Pathfinders program this coming fall. We are lucky to have them both, welcome!
- Lastly we want to send out a blanket of thanks to all the wonderful staffers and counselors who helped us make our 2016 Summer Camps a success for 272 great campers. Keep watching for upcoming news regarding camps and workshops this Fall & Winter. Now go OUTSIDE!
A Little History
Welcome to Quiet Heart Wilderness School. Established in 1997, Quiet Heart is a wilderness education program designed to enhance students understanding of the natural world, and instill in them a sense of stewardship toward their planet and its creatures. Through exploration of nature, as well as the sharing of knowledge and lore of the Ancestors, Quiet Heart students gain a sense of comfort and respect for the natural world of which they are a part. Led by experienced instructors, students will find courses and programs on topics such as primitive and survival skills, edible and medicinal plants, animal tracking, wilderness navigation, awareness skills, team building and problem solving. Quiet Heart’s various programs range from Through the eyes of a Naturalist our preschool program, OWLE for 8 to 15 year olds, and many other family programs and courses. Quiet Heart is all about learning by doing and having fun.
Quiet Heart has been serving families of South Snohomish and North King Counties from Seattle and Shoreline to Woodinville and Redmond for over 20 years!
view our course calendar 2016 click here