News From the Woods
- Happy Holidays! We wish you a season of peace, joy and connection.
- Coming soon: Family Plant Medicine Part 1 on December 10 from 10-2, ages 10+
- Coming soon: "Emergency Preparedness for Families". This is a one day introductory workshop on January 14 from 9-noon, taught by Hawkeye. There will be additional "topic specific" workshops offered later that will supplement the introductory class. If you're interested in joining this class, register here on our website or contact us.
- Join us for a workshop - we have numerous multi-age, one-day workshops coming up. Make baskets, knives or bows, start fire, learn to navigate or flintknapp, use plants as medicine. There's something for everyone. Think about giving the gift of a unique workshop this holiday season.
- Winter OWLE registration is now open for both Friday and Saturday classes! The winter session runs from January 13/14 - February 17/18 for 6 session. Ages 8-13.
A Little History
Welcome to Quiet Heart Wilderness School. Established in 1997, Quiet Heart is a wilderness education program designed to enhance students understanding of the natural world, and instill in them a sense of stewardship toward their planet and its creatures. Through exploration of nature, as well as the sharing of knowledge and lore of the Ancestors, Quiet Heart students gain a sense of comfort and respect for the natural world of which they are a part. Led by experienced instructors, students will find courses and programs on topics such as primitive and survival skills, edible and medicinal plants, animal tracking, wilderness navigation, awareness skills, team building and problem solving. Quiet Heart’s various programs range from Through the eyes of a Naturalist our preschool program, OWLE for 8 to 15 year olds, and many other family programs and courses. Quiet Heart is all about learning by doing and having fun.
Quiet Heart has been serving families of South Snohomish and North King Counties from Seattle and Shoreline to Woodinville and Redmond for over 20 years!
view our course calendar 2016 click here